Worried about cover for pre-existing medical conditions? Cover-More offers automatic cover for some pre-existing medical conditions (so long as you meet the requirements). If all your conditions are not automatically covered, apply for cover by completing a fast, over-the-phone medical assessment.
Automatically covered conditions
The following medical conditions are automatically covered, subject to terms listed in the Product Disclosure Statement. These terms include the severity of the condition and how recently your condition has required medical attention. If all of your conditions meet these requirements to be automatically covered, you can purchase your travel insurance online and click ‘No’ to medical questions.
- Bell's Palsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease
- Congenital Blindness
- Congenital Deafness
- Ear Grommets
- Gastric Reflux
- Grave's Disease
- Hiatus Hernia
- Hip/Knee/Shoulder Replacement
- Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol)
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peptic/Gastric Ulcer
- Plantar Fascitis
- Raynaud's Disease
- Skin Cancer (excluding Melanoma)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Underactive/Overactive Thyroid
Conditions that can not be covered
Under no circumstances is cover available on this policy for claims directly or indirectly arising from or exacerbated by:
- Your terminal illness;
- conditions involving drug or alcohol dependency;
- travel booked or undertaken against the advice of a medical practitioner;
- routine or cosmetic medical or dental treatment, even if Your Existing Medical Condition has been approved; or
- conditions for which you are travelling to seek advise, treatment or review or to participate in a clinical trial.
Conditions that will need to be assessed
If all of your conditions do not meet the requirements to be automatically covered, call Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 to complete an easy over-the-phone medical assessment. Cover-More will inform you if they can cover your condition and if it will affect your premium. Be sure to mention ‘Key to the World’ so you can still enjoy the benefits.
Heart conditions, lung conditions or reduced immunity
Any traveller who has ever been diagnosed with a heart condition or a lung condition (not including asthma if under the age of 60) or any traveller with reduced immunity (e.g. as a result of medical treatment or a medical condition) will need to call Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 to complete a medical assessment.
Get your Cover-More Travel Insurance quote today
Travelling while pregnant can be a little stressful, but don't worry; Cover-More Travel Insurance can provide cover for expectant mothers up to and including 24 weeks gestation if they meet the criteria below. For peace of mind, remember that all women travelling while pregnant will enjoy the same benefits available to all Cover-More Travel Insurance policy holders, including 24/7 emergency assistance over the phone, and overseas medical expenses cover as well as our money back guarantee*.
Automatic pregnancy cover
It’s always a good idea to consult your doctor when making your travel plans, particularly after the 20th week of your pregnancy. Under both the Options and Travelsure plans, you are automatically covered for pregnancy up to 24 weeks so long as:
- You have not experienced complications during this pregnancy or previous pregnancy;
- You are not having a multiple pregnancy (e.g. twins or triplets); and
- The conception was not medically assisted e.g. using assisted fertility treatment including hormone therapies or IVF.
If your pregnancy does not meet the above criteria, you may still be covered following an over-the-phone assessment.
Rest easy with Cover-More knowing that if you ever have concerns about your pregnancy while travelling, you can speak to the Cover-More Medical Assistance team who can assist you over the phone.
Pregnancy cover requiring assessment
If you have experienced complications with this or a previous pregnancy, are having a multiple pregnancy or conceived with medical assistance, you may still be eligible for cover at an increased premium. Please phone Cover-More for an assessment on 1300 72 88. Be sure to mention Key to the World so you can still enjoy the benefits.
Pregnancy cover exclusions
Whether or not you have to apply for pregnancy cover, the following restrictions apply to claims arising in any way from the pregnancy of any person.
- Cover is only provided for serious, unexpected pregnancy complications that occur up to the 24th week of pregnancy i.e. up to 23 weeks, 6 days. Gestational age is measured in weeks and days and is calculated from the last known date of your menstrual period or calculated from staging ultrasound.
- Childbirth is not covered.
- Costs relating to the health or care of a newborn child are not covered, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy when the child is born.
Talk to the team
Our Customer Service team is available to talk to you over the phone about your cover needs and answer any questions you may have. Call 1300 72 88 22.
Important Information Show important information
*Money back guarantee applies if you cancel the policy within 15 working days of purchase provided you have not made a claim or departed on your journey.
Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance administered by Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) and issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Any advice is general advice only. Please consider your financial situation, needs and objectives and read the Combined FSG/PDS before deciding to buy this insurance.